Mindfulness Training & Speaking Services
Dr. Marchand is available as a speaker and for in-person mindfulness training.
Need a keynote speaker for your upcoming event? Dr. Marchand is a highly experienced and entertaining lecturer. He is available to speak on mindfulness, neuroscience and psychiatric disorders.
See Dr. Marchand’s full CV here
Favorite topics include:
- What is mindfulness and how can it help you?
- The mindful way to finding happiness and joy in your life.
- The neuroscience of mindfulness: How meditation rewires your brain.
- Managing chronic pain with mindfulness.
- Using mindfulness to manage depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety.
Selected recent presentations:
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Mood and Anxiety Disorders, George E. Wahlen VAMC Mental Health Service Grand Rounds
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions: Mood & Anxiety Disorders and Stress Management, Generations Conference 2013, Salt Lake City, UT
- Mindfulness Training as an Adjunctive Intervention for Psychiatric Disorders. University of Utah Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- Mindfulness: Why is Everyone Interested in it and Why Does it Matter? Utah Integrative Health Conference
Contact Dr. Marchand about speaking for your event
Mindfulness training for businesses and practitioners
Dr. Marchand is available to provide in-person mindfulness training for your business, group or organization. He will customize training to the specific needs of your organization. Training options range from one-hour introduction classes to half or full-day retreats.
Through his personal mindfulness practice as an ordained monk in the Soto Zen tradition, Dr. Marchand discovered how a mindfulness practice lead to profound benefits for practitioners. He received formal training as a Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) teacher from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education Program. He has also participated in the 7-day Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in Mind-Body Medicine professional training program under the direction of Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn and Dr. Saki Santorelli.
Dr. Marchand uses his extensive experience as a psychiatrist and neuroscientist in combination with his personal mindfulness practice and formal training as a mindfulness teacher to help others live mindfully.
See a video of Dr. Marchand teaching mindfulness
Contact Dr. Marchand about in-person mindfulness training